Tie the same hooks we used that performed perfectly on our San Diego Bluefin Tuna Trip on the Polaris Supreme. Kit includes: New England Ropes SK99 Dyneema, Johnny Jigs 5/0 or 6/0 Slow Pitch Jigging Assist Hooks, #6 Triple Wrap Super Split Rings, Solid Rings, and Rigging Needle.
- Depending on length of hook you want cut between 8" & 9"
- Fold the cord so the end you are entering is 1cm longer
- Open the needle catch and begin threading
- When threading needle - pull from the base of line (where you entered) and push the bottom of the needle
- Exit the needle from the fold you created
- Thread the solid ring onto the tag end
- Latch the opposing tag end to the needle and pull through the core
- Milk the splice down
- Snell Knot around the shank of the hook
- Melt the tag end of the snell knot and pull tight
- 12 ft of 600lb 1.0mm SK99 Dyneema single braided cord
- Choose 5/0 or 6/0 Johnny Jigs Slow Pitch Jigging Hooks featuring a Pre-Bent Eye and Curved Point (5/0 - Qty 16 | 6/0 Qty 10)
- 20 Triple Wrap Super Split Rings with 200lb pull strength
- 20 Solid Rings 8mm OD
- Hitena Rigging Needle
Be sure to watch our JohnnyJigsTV video on Youtube:
"How To Splice A Single Slow Pitch Jigging Assist Hook"